Developed by TiMi Studios and published by The Pokemon Company, Pokemon Unite was initially exclusive to the Nintendo Switch. Players eager to get their hands on a 5v5 MOBA on the go can now do so, as the game has just been released for both Android and iOS smartphones.
For those unfamiliar with the term, “MOBA” refers to “Multiplayer Online Battle Arena” games like Pokemon Unite. The gameplay is similar to that of games like League of Legends, in which players control their own unique characters (Pokemon) and compete with one another to achieve victory.
How do I download Pokemon Unite from the Google Play Store or App Store?
The game can be played on both Android and iOS devices, and it can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and the App Store, respectively. Just stick to these simple instructions:
- Search for “Pokemon Unite” on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store on your Android or iOS device.
- The game’s Install button will be conveniently located nearby.
- The mobile app will be downloaded and installed mechanically.
Pokemon Unite Download Size
The app weighs in at over 638MB (Google Play Store) and is available for free on both iOS and Android. The app weighs in at around 799.5MB when downloaded on iOS.
Pokemon Unite Gameplay
To win a match, your team must rack up more points than the other team, so lovers of multiplayer online battle arenas will feel right at home here. Each group’s members earn points by capturing and subsequently battling Wild Pokemon that serve as non-player characters. While clearing out the wilderness, players will strive to make their way across the map and into the territory controlled by the opposing team.
Throughout the course of the game, the wild Pokemon will gradually increase in power and perhaps evolve into more challenging forms. The team with the most points at the end of the allotted period wins. Players and their Pokemon will acquire new abilities and capabilities as they progress through the game, allowing them to grow and become more powerful as the match progresses.
Each character will have a special “united Move” that gives them an advantage. These special skills are very similar to special abilities in hero shooters.
Is crossplay available in Pokemon Unite?
As a result of the game’s availability across several platforms, players will have a considerably easier time finding opponents than they would if the game were exclusive to a single platform. Players on Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS will be able to simply join games together. In addition to streamlining matchmaking, this also ensures that players’ progress is preserved while they switch between platforms.
The game’s support for cross-progression is a nice touch that will appeal to users who own numerous devices.
List of Features of Pokemon Unite on Android and iOS:
- Complete smartphone and Nintendo Switch cross-play and account connectivity You can play on both platforms with the same account if you link them together.
- There are brand-new in-game events where you can win super item enhancers, which can level up an item in your inventory to level 30. We’ve also simplified the process through which any Trainer can acquire item boosters.
- Incorporating novel holdings and approaches is a top priority.
- Unite squads have been implemented, allowing Trainers to form alliances with other members of their squad.
- There will be a second battle pass with all new cosmetics, such as holographic clothing.
- The release of a preliminary version of several Observer Mode capabilities
- Multiple additional languages are supported.